Monday, June 22, 2015

5 Week update

Right now our little one is 5 weeks old. Thus far we have been attempting to follow the "How Smart is your Baby" Program. The first month we were not vigilant with the program and getting the number of repetitions recommend. We instead focused on talking to her as much as possible, getting her used to tummy time, grasping, reflex and eye development.


 For the most part she is now on the level two developmental profile, it is only the mobility aspect that she is still stage 1. I have been using the checklists from Domanmom.com and have found them incredibly helpful. It is so nice not to have to flip through the book multiple times a day trying to figure out how many times you are supposed to do what.


I organized everything into a binder. I put her current "choice board" (a simple yes/no) on the front for easy access.  

Her current shape card (square) in the front pouch, and the checklist and the rest of the cards in the binder area. I chose to use my laminator to laminate all the cards to make them sturdy and durable. I then 3 hole punched them so I could organize them in the binder. 
 
 
This week we are introducing the first 7 (square, circle, triangle, star, banana, foot and hand)  and starting with the poetry for the language development. I have decided to use the simple poem included in the book:

When I come home I say "Hi".
When I go out I say "Bye".

I chose this poem because I think "Hi" and "Bye" will be easy words for her to try to say on her own, and ones she hears all the time. In fact, my eldest son's first word was "Hi" at 4 months.

So, if you are using this program, I'd love to hear how you organize your materials.



No comments:

Post a Comment